Super Kawaii Cute Cat Kaoani

KissDromeda
Entry Owner Linkies Stuffs


Disclaimer

Hi there! 안녕하세요!
This blog is to keep track of my writing (from Oct. '14 onward), saving tips and tricks I find, little rants or raves, and so on. If you don't like it, kindly leave. I am a fangirl and reviewer, so do tend to post on that note as well.

Archive




Tag Board



Credits

Template: DianeeyA
Basecode: Revita | Tsabbita | Azzahra
Others:
© 2014 - All Rights Reserved
Dear Christians...
Sunday, June 7, 2015 | 0 Word(s)

 NOTE; My pasting is off, and it won't let me fix it as of yet, but please (future self) deal with the issue and fix the fact you can't space without deleting things.


By now, everyone knows about the “Caitlyn Jenner thing”, as I put it. It isn't that I'm against it – Hell no. I'm totally for her rights and what she's doing, but yesterday, during my ride home with my mother... I thought about writing over it.

A few days ago, when it was really getting big and everything was airing on E! News and other media... my dad happened to come over. Now, two things happened that day, relating to my life, that also relate to Caitlyn Jenner; one was that a close friend of mine put on Facebook that he supported her fully, and one of our Bible Belt Christians commented “gross.” Of course that is the match that stuck a fire on the somewhat famous-amongst-our-town post. The two fought, and the girl who commented is notorious for doing things like that; she always enforces the Bible and her beliefs, which is her right, sure. I'm not against that. But posting negativity on a post for positivity... the guy was okay with her right to speak, but fighting on Facebook over it because it's against her beliefs... she even went and commented that the guy put it up, aiming it at her! And he didn't, of course.
Moving on. My family is super religious, like most of my town (and my state which lies in Bible Belt, USA). I'm religious, too, but I believe people can do and be what they want, because it's not my right to judge and force them to change. And my dad, the overly negative and hateful commentator of such things, came over and we proceeded to get in a mini fight about Caitlyn Jenner. “He's gay!” Well, no. Caitlyn said in her interview that as a man, she was attracted to women, but now, she wasn't sure. This might have changed. And then my father proceeds to say and quote the Bible. Relating this back to my friend's post, we had a young kid (he's a Junior) that is highly religious and walks around always quoting the Bible and thinking he's God's prophet. That's okay – totally is. But he came in and tried to help out the girl, to which my friend said they should quit trying to “correct” him and let him believe what he wants. He understands that what he believes is against the Bible. And the rest of us, who are just like him – we get it. But do we care? No.
So, let me explain further.

Christians always say that God has a predestined path for you, God loves you, God is always there for you. “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.” Do you know how many of our beloved Bible figures did lie with a man and many other women as well as his wife? Dating back eons, people have done that. We are made to love and have the other sex only to reproduce. And sure, a chemical in our brain can determine our sexual orientation, but that's the same thing for sex and love in general. They are both controlled by chemicals in the brain. I feel you can love who you want, sleep with who you want, etc., because it's your life, and if God really hated it so much... he would put a definite stop to it. But Christians argue back, “We were given free will.” I know that. Thank God. We were also given a conscience, which is where that “free will” resides. We have morals, laws, rules, etc., so on and so forth, and to this day we sin as much on other things as we do regarding same-sex things. But which gets the most hate and the most cruelty? Because being gay, bi, transgender, or even asexual... it's unnatural and people don't want to wrap their minds around that.
So, looking to other faults in the Bible; endogamous marriage was popular through the times of the Bible, as well as marrying (or just reproducing) with more than one lady. Or man.
Let's highlight some fun facts. Regarding marriage – specifically incestuous – here's a list. Women were said to not be able to sleep with a grandparent's spouse, parent-in-law, sibling's child, spouse's brother's child, spouse's sister's child, nephews and nieces, child or stepchild or child-in-law. Men couldn't with a parent, stepparent, parent's spouse or siblings, uncle/aunt, child-in-law, or spouse's grandchild. Everything else is seen as okay in the Bible. Even sleeping with your own daughter. 

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 states that if you're unrighteous, you won't enter the Kingdom of God. So, you can't be sexually immoral (no sex before marriage, bitches), idolate, adulterers, men who practice gayness (much more fun word than homosexuality, lmao), thievery, greedy, drunkards, revilers, swindlers – they don't get into Heaven. By drunkies, greedy bitches, revilers, thieves, gay men, idolaters, adulterers, and the sexually immoral! “But no! If we admit our sins and pray and repent, God will forgive us.” Okay, sure. But why the hell is it so wrong for someone to love another person who makes them feel happy and they get hated on so much, but someone who can be a party-goer who is addicted to alcohol and drugs, always having sex, and so forth – why can they be shamed for a day, then repent their sins and seen as holy, then go back to their old ways (in private) and get into Heaven? Because I know a lot of people who do that. I honestly do. And yet so many people see them as amazing Christians. James 4:12 “There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?”
With my final quote from above, I think to the fact someone would confront me, saying, “But you're judging them.” With positivity and happiness. Why is that so wrong for me to accept them and wish them happiness? Morality is different than our Bible's commandments. Romans 1:32 can argue against me, but listen. Morality is “principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.” So, you know what? Loving someone isn't wrong. You can't specify, unless it's in your religion. Wanting to be true to yourself isn't wrong, unless it's in your religion. In the Bible, a contradictory thing is that you put to death, and murder, someone who has committed sin, but your act of sin is “okay” because God said so. If God is so loving, why is he letting hatred lead to killing people who were unhappy until they found happiness? Why would God wish death and fire upon such an act, but forgive others so easily? That's what Christians around here display, and I don't think they realize that.
On salon.com, a post states this, “In Genesis 19, we read the story of Sodom, from which the terms “sodomy” and “sodomite” are drawn. In this story, two angels (in both Hebrew and Greek the word “angel” means “messenger”) came from God, and visited the town of Sodom. Lot, Abraham’s nephew, invited the men to lodge with him for the night. Here’s what Genesis says: “Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lot, ‘Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.’ Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, ‘No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof ’ ” (Genesis 19:4–8, niv). But here’s the question I would ask related to this story: is this story really about loving, committed homosexual relationships? Had the town’s men gang-raped Lot’s daughters, would this story be about loving, committed heterosexual relationships? Of course not. Did the men of Sodom consider themselves homosexual? All of them? Or was their attack upon these strangers a way of demonstrating power over them, humiliating them, while violently gratifying their own sexual desires?”
Back to morality though, since it is an ultimate thing regarding how you accept such things as being gay or transgendered. “Yet even though morals can vary from person to person and culture to culture, many are practiced universal, as they result from basic human emotions. We may think of moralizing as an intellectual exercise, but more frequently it's an attempt to make sense of our gut instinct.” This was from Psychology Today. I looked through everything; even the teaching of morality from a young age. I grew up seeing sex on TV, boobs everywhere, harsh and nasty jokes being thrown about, teens/young adults partying and drinking, music based on such things. Yet, I never really was introduced to homosexuality. Even then, when I was, I accepted it because it's like any other love... just with the same gender. It may not feel right to you, but to them, it's like loving any other S.O. Sadly, though, as in this decade we are watching the world accept same-sex marriage, my town throws tantrums. My towns also once hung people of color and “wrong-doers” and apparently we're named after the giant Red Oak tree that we hung them from. Up until the late 1900s, there was also a sign or something saying to the P.o.C to not “let the sun set on your here” which... is racist. But okay, right? It's okay to judge black people and want them to leave, but since we're Indians, we can be that way. The Indian morality here is shitty. So is our general morality, but who am I to say anything? I'm on the wrong side of the board, here. But I also like to throw facts around because I'm like that. In ancient times, things were called “wrong” but still practiced by some of the most outstanding religious figures. Marriages back then – or even just joining of two – were for business, and most likely relatives of second-hand nature. Don't even get me started on Adam and Eve.
So, my philosophy on things? I don't care about the religion, morality, equality, etc., but in a sense, I do. I do care that those who love each other be treated as people who love each other and not abominations. I do care if people are harassed over their lifestyle choices. Because, honestly, I would rather side with someone who finally gets to be happy in their own skin than with a bunch of people who want them sent straight to Hell for trying to be themselves. Judging is all the same, sure, but there's a difference between good and bad judging. If you want to harass and send someone through Hell because they're doing something that isn't okay in your book? Go for it, but realize you're being a complete and utter asshole. They're not affecting you, are they? “They're insulting my religion” shut up. Shut the fuck up. I am eating a load of calories but is that truly affecting your diet? Plus, I'm pretty sure those who are going against your religious moralization realize it because they've had so many assholes quote the Bible on a regular basis. So, quit being your judgmental asshole self, let the person live their life, and let their judgment day come. As you've said, from the Bible, only God can judge, so let him and please don't come at me with bullshit stating, “God would want me to speak of this.” No. No no no no. No, no... no no nonono. He would appear to us and tell us. If things like this were truly such a big disgrace, God could fix it. So shut the fuck up. Please.


Go look:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/12/stop_twisting_the_bible_there_is_no_message_against_same_sex_marriage/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,



OLDERNEWER


Post a Comment