Super Kawaii Cute Cat Kaoani

KissDromeda
Entry Owner Linkies Stuffs


Disclaimer

Hi there! 안녕하세요!
This blog is to keep track of my writing (from Oct. '14 onward), saving tips and tricks I find, little rants or raves, and so on. If you don't like it, kindly leave. I am a fangirl and reviewer, so do tend to post on that note as well.

Archive




Tag Board



Credits

Template: DianeeyA
Basecode: Revita | Tsabbita | Azzahra
Others:
© 2014 - All Rights Reserved
Book Search #1
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 | 0 Word(s)

Basic ramblings of my search through both thriftbooks and goodreads and how I basically started off checking out books then quit because I ended up buying them all... but here are the amazing stories I found!

    >> Based upon my taste for books/stories/etc., it’s usually obvious what I go for; I always pick out fantasy, psychological, and scifi stories. I can’t stand fluffy romance novels anymore. I don’t like reading about war anymore, unless it’s got a plot outside of just fighting. Action has to be an adventurous and thrilling tale, not just hand-on-hand combat and bloody knuckles. So, today, while I was supposed to be in class, I decided to browse around and find some good reads that aren’t really… known.

WARNING: Contains content related to psychological things, events, and peoples’ illnesses as well as suicide, murder, death, triggering subjects, and more.

            The Bell Jar is a book I’m wanting to read so badly, and it’s one people know. The same goes for Girl, Interrupted, The Virgin Suicides, Speak (I did a book report over this), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hamlet and Macbeth, Still Alice, Thirteen Reasons Why, Shutter Island, and many more! So many amazing psych books have been adapted and turned into amazing movies for our enjoyment. I didn’t even know some were books until I looked around and found them.

            An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness by Kay Redfield Jamison is one known but I’d still like to get my hands on.
            John Green, although an author I have a love/hate thing for, wrote some good books I’d like to get my hands on as well – Looking For Alaska is one of those.
            For Her Own Good: Two Centuries of the Experts’ Advice by Barbara Ehrenreich and Deidre English – first published in 1978, apparently updated from history, tells of scientific, medical, and other women and how they are told how to live.


            Now, just to note some favorite authors, Laurie Halse Anderson is the first I shall name since she’s the amazing author behind my childhood stories that stayed with me, and the amazing book called Speak. My friends read Twisted at the last part of sixth grade. Fever 1793 is on my reading list, but hasn’t been acquired by me just yet.
            The collab between Laurie, Michael Cart, Joan Bauer, Emma Donoghue, Louise Hawes, Garth Nix, Sonya Sones, Chris Lynch, Michael Lowenthal, Shelly Stoehr, and Angela Johnson resulted in Love & Sex: Ten Stories of Truth. It looked pretty interesting and it’s adults telling things about “right of passage” and “remaining a virgin but being tested” – that’s adolescent life! And I definitely want to read it.

            It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini – NYC teen Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life – which means getting into the right high school to get into the right job. Eventually the pressure becomes unbearable and he stops eating and sleeping until one night when he nearly kills himself. He gets checked into a mental hospital. || This author spent his own time in a psychiatric hospital and made this story to relate to not only himself, but all of us out there that relates so well, even though that’s sad to think about.
            Phenomena: The Lost and Forgotten Children by Susan Tarr (another great author). This book looked amazing from the description and was talking of how it is Malcolm’s story and this takes place in New Zealand during the 50s. With a 4.68 rating, it seems pretty astounding – even the reviews are great! I’m definitely aiming at grabbing this book up and keeping it.
            Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford is a book about a fifteen year old kid named Jeff who wakes up in the mental ward with “the crazies”. And over time, we’re told his story, why he’s there, his reaction, and how he finds the crazies less crazy as his own times there ticks down. I was to get this, too!!
            Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz. This talks about the origin of lobotomy and the Danvers State Hospital that closed in 1992 – they say it was the lobotomy’s birthplace. On the eve of the hospital’s demolition, six teen break in to spend the night and film a movie about their adventures. Of course, this turns into nightmarish action and will go from one mystery to another. It’s a thriller! I’m definitely sold.
           
            House of Secrets by Ned Vizzini and Chris Columbus is an upcoming series (or already one) and is very cool. Even J.K. Rowling thinks the head villain is “seriously creepy”.

            1984, by George Orwell, seems to be a thrilling, take-back, and imaginative book that I’m borderline to read. Although I’ve seen amazing reviews for this book, I also see people questioning it and wondering what it is. To me, it seems so darn interesting… but I’ll wait to see.

            Sleepless by Thomas Fahy, seemed so interesting and I want to read, but I have 20$ of books already and don’t want to get any more… but it’s on my wishlist! It’s about kids from a school all getting weird nightmares and waking where they weren’t. Deaths occur and something’s up!


Labels: , , , , ,



OLDERNEWER


Post a Comment