Super Kawaii Cute Cat Kaoani

KissDromeda
Entry Owner Linkies Stuffs


Disclaimer

Hi there! 안녕하세요!
This blog is to keep track of my writing (from Oct. '14 onward), saving tips and tricks I find, little rants or raves, and so on. If you don't like it, kindly leave. I am a fangirl and reviewer, so do tend to post on that note as well.

Archive




Tag Board



Credits

Template: DianeeyA
Basecode: Revita | Tsabbita | Azzahra
Others:
© 2014 - All Rights Reserved
Movie Review: [Ouija]
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 | 0 Word(s)

Okay! So, decided with all my cluttered mind, I'd write stuff. What do I end up doing? Playing games and looking for movies... so bright idea! I'll review some movies. I'm a hardcore horror, psychological, dramatic, romcom, thriller, fantasy, scifi, etc. movie fanatic. Why not share my opinion even though no one will see it?
-kdg_zoe







Title: Ouija [2014]
Director: Stiles White
Characters (actors): Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto, Daren Kagasoff, Bianca Santos, Douglas Smith, Shelley Hennig, Sierra Heuermann, Lin Shaye, Vivis Colombetti
Genre(s): Horror
Rating: PG-13
Plot: A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board.
Reviewer: KissDromedaGirl / KDG
IMDb rating: 4.4/10
Movietube rating: 45/100




_______________
일부분 ; part one; the beginning. _______________

Title;  5/5
  Of course having the name be the basis of the storyline and the thing connecting it and people/spirits together is the appropriate title. So, I’m glad for that. Ouija brought the Ouija board enthusiasts from their holed-up rooms/closets to see this!

Movie Poster / Trailer(s) / Etc.;  5/10
   The poster is simple enough: Ouija board with the eye/moving piece in the center and the title displayed in plain text with the usual “it’s just a game” subtext below that. It tells us everything we need to know about the story, and leaves room for what to expect, create in your mind while you wait, etc. – which is great for posters regarding horror!
    The trailer made the movie seem way more scarier and mysterious than the actual film, so I became highly disappointed with that…


Directing / Description, Idea Portrayed;  6/10
    The directing was done fairly well and how it panned out and was created was great – don’t get me wrong. Twists, turns, but lots of predictions that were expected shone through the dark, velvet drape that cascaded over the idea. It wasn’t hard to rip that drape to shreds, either.
    The description basically tells us the movie. And though there are several great moments and lots of good acting… I just feel the idea could have been written better and displayed much better.

______________ 번째 부분; the second part; the seam.______________


Creativity/Originality;  4/10
   Everyone loves the Ouija board! It’s an old classic, it’s a game even young kids now play – so, with that in mind, of course it’ll bring loads of people to come see it, buy it, etc., and that’s the great part! The creativity is somewhat bland on some ends and the dialogue was overdone with mixed up things that seemed to be filmed out of place and then cut and spliced somewhere after or before a script change. Just… it could have a better idea of sorts. For the hidden room, I thought of many other horror flicks. For the board, it was fun. The girl dying, sad but not really needed… just seemed really vague and bland. The haunting mother reminded me of a numerous amount of things, even like the producer’s previous project: Insidious!
    This is a clichéd, poorly planned out, in need of more detail type of movie. Fun for a stay-in, want to stream or watch movies nonstop, type of night though!
Plot;  8/20
     A group of friends face terrifying fears in an ancient house and are confronted by spirits that their dead bestie summoned. Great. First off, group of friends; we are always presented with that. A larger than two or three group of friends or people who get caught up in supernatural cases and die off. And they do! Spoiler alert.
    And then the secret room, the demonic sister, the mother who was already into dark magic and whatnot, and the younger sister who killed the mother to save her sister and be like her—let’s stop. I love ole Shaye – she was brought from Insidious – and all that jazz, but she didn’t fit as a crazy old bat like I would’ve hoped. I’ll get to that later though. For the family and magic dealio though… too common. Dead daughter in a covered up and closed up room down in the basement – nothing new. Dark matter and magic – done. Though the plot seems so tempting and juicy… I was let done throughout. I wanted more fear, more spirits or haunting images! And I got… a scary mom, but she wasn’t there but a second. And the little Doris? Ehh… not bad at all. Just… creepy looking, maybe?
     Bland plot in need of detail and awe.


 


  


Characterization / Chara Development, Process, etc.;   5/15
   
We face the awesome Olivia Cooke as Laine, whom is dating Daren’s character. She is in charge of her little sister, who is a rebel (surprise), and is concerned with her bestie who has locked herself away for weeks (if you’re concerned… break in!). I like Laine for her courage, determination, and her will to save her sister and what’s left of those left… ends up their dead friend saves our protagonist though. Not surprised, but it’s… nice.
    We see all the friends, whom are basically forced, but don’t seem to retaliate much, to getting out the spirit board and playing a game to get in contact with their dead friend. And guess what? Only one has sense to trick the spirit and be all THAT’S NOT HER OKAY and I loved that! Smarty! And of course I adore Ana Coto, and her character is strong and fearless – she freaking grabs the dead demon and chunks her in the furnace… after being dragged by the demon.
    I like most of the characters, saw little development or progression in character; the characters had little extraordinary things to them, even though this basically only focused on Doris and the Ouija board. I think if the characters were more detailed and focused on, that we’d have a good storyline to match up with the idea of the plot itself. It’d work much better than a whole idea of that spirit board, dead friend, friends die off omg, no police show up bc omg death is normal and not accounted for now—really broke me how little we got to see the characters as real humans.

Casting Choice: 5/5

   
    I feel everyone was a good choice except Daren Kagasoff. I have nothing against him, and possibly only see him as Ricky from Secret Life, but I don’t feel he fits the role or something… I can’t tell what it is. Even if I didn’t know him, I’d think someone else could do something to make you either dislike or like him. He did a great acting job… but it just… didn’t fit him.  
   


_______________ 일부분 ; part three; the little things. _______________

Important Questions: 4/10
Able to follow?
>> Yes, quite well. There were no questionable scenes, but I did have to think for a second on something. Mostly, not hard to follow at all.
Is it captivating or boring?
>> A little of both. It being predictable made me get bored easily. That’s what hurts my horror-loving side!
What’s the best and worst part for me?
>> Best part is Madam Shaye’s role as a seemingly sane, yet crazy old woman & the ending.
    The worst part was the actual Ouija board game, minus the smarts of dead girl’s boyfriend. Also, I didn’t like the fact no cops were showing up after multiple deaths. Or seeing how the sisters explained all the deaths and destruction without- I don’t know… seeming crazy?
Is it rave-worthy?
>> Honestly, no. Not one bit.





Flow;  5/5
    Flow was absolutely fine for me. I just wish we could see the aftermath, the transition from all the loss, and whatnot. That and some more detail to replace the boring parts.

Genre Fit / Styling: 3/10
   It fits Horror… uhm… like on the outskirts? For easily scared people, they’d fear it, but for me? I wasn’t even chilled. I just thought “seen that before” over and over- so disappointed.


Extra & Notes; 
   Though I think it’s an okay movie, and I’d watch again, I just don’t think it’s the most original or scariest movie out there. It grossed a lot, but to me… it just is overrated.




Total Score; 50/100

         

Labels: , , , , , ,



OLDERNEWER


Post a Comment